SLUT.

Thursday nights are not a regular feature in my amblings around but I'm glad I made the effort to drag myself to Camden Lock Tavern in order to watch Joe Dangerous .

Joe Dangerous [nee Joe Day] comes from Portsmouth as well, but hates the place, mentioning so between his songs in his set. Joe Dangerous is just one man, a keyboard and a laptop, but this doesn't detract from something that has charm and eloquence, I can easily imagine many hours lost from listening to this brilliantly built electronica that leaves you anguishing for more.



His set was limited, but there was only himself and he was constantly minding the laptop, but on record he comes in to his own. With more exposure and a larger following, he could get a band together and then we would see him go on and follow in the footsteps of young male solo artists such as Jack Penate [whose album 'Matinee' has leaked by the way] and Patrick Wolf. Though Joe Dangerous is more akin to the latter than to the former. His stand-out track has to be "My Allergies And Me" which was his set closer that really capped a majestic performance. A pop gem indeed.



The other band I saw, I Love Audrey which when I was told of their name, mistakenly took it for "I Love Orgy". This amused me for half an hour or so until the man with the frizzy hair and the microphone, who I think was the singer, said: "we are I Love Audrey". Oh boring, they should change their name. Anyway their sound was more orgy than audrey will ever be as they failed to produce anything except noise.


x